[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - The Old Commune Suggestion Thread

The Old Commune Suggestion Thread

Come here to talk about the Commune in general. What games should we play next, how should we decide what games to play, whether or not to call this Brook Farm, stuff like that.

The Old Commune Suggestion Thread

Postby Golem » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 am

Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Commune Suggestions

Postby Zanreo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Hm, I'd like to suggest a Parodius game - the strange space-shooter by Konami that's a parody of the Gradius games. There's a lot of games in the series, but to choose one I suggest "Gokujou Parodius/Fantastic Journey" since I've played that one already and I like that one. It was originally an arcade game, but later got ported to SNES, and also Playstation and Saturn (latter two as part of a multi-game pak). It's a weird, colorful, fun space shooter with a wide selection of characters, each with different attacks.

I'd also suggest Legend of the Mystical Ninja. It's a SNES game from Konami's Goemon/Mystical Ninja series. I learnt about it and the series from Game Center CX, thought it looked fun, and after trying out the game myself, I enjoyed it. So I'd like to suggest it.

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Postby Golem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Added. 8) Much appreciated! Hopefully now we can start to get more fairly constructed polls.
Golem

Postby WarioFan63 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Im going to throw in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES.

If it ever gets chosen I'm unofficially legally obligated to encourage Wii and Wii U owners to buy this one off the online shop.
WarioFan63

Diplomacy: 1 : 2

Postby Sky-Fox » Fri May 17, 2013 3:47 am

I'll risk getting booted out of the commune and suggest two text adventures since I couldn't really choose between them. Foremost is Counterfeit Monkey, which was released last year, lasts about 8 hours, whose puzzles revolve around changing and rearranging words to make new things, and has an espionage storyline. The second is Slouching Towards Bedlam which I hear lasts about 2 hours per playthough, has 5 endings, a Steampunk setting, and is supposedly nonlinear.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Sat May 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Those both sound purdy cool, actually. Although, so do most text adventures, until I get stuck.
Golem

Postby TheKirbyOfDeath » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:42 am

I've been reading the Gon manga since I finally have all of them now and it reminded me that I had the Gon SNES game downloaded. It's a pretty fun game and the way it handles Gon losing is pretty great. All the sounds are also done entirely with music which plays into the theme of the manga, which is just pictures and no dialogue or noises. This is not the case for the anime, but that's a different story. The only problem is that the game is pretty hard :/ I've never managed to get past the second stage, but maybe you guys will suck at it much less than me and it'll be ok to commune.
TheKirbyOfDeath

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Postby Golem » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 am

Added! :zaki

I wanna give it a go regardless.
Golem

Postby Sky-Fox » Wed May 07, 2014 4:09 am

I'm gonna follow the formal process and suggest a couple more here with descriptions.

Superhero League of Hoboken (DOS) - RPG / Adventure game written by Steve Meretsky about a league of superheroes in post-apocalyptic New Jersey. Major focus is on humor and narrative, but features some rpg elements.

Shadowrun (Genesis/Megadrive) - Cyberpunk WRPG adapted from the pen and paper role playing game of the same name. Features player customization and a non-linear narrative where you investigate your brother's murder.

Marathon (PC/Mac) - 1994 FPS by Bungie originally released for the Macintosh, later ported to the Pippin, and eventually open-sourced and ported to modern computer systems. Feature's that trademark psuedo 3D first-person perspective, while also featuring such innovations as mouselook and the ability to look up and down. Mostly a shoot-to-kill game with a barebones story the sequels flesh out.

Crusader of Centy / Soleil (Genesis) - Sega's (Atlus') answer to Link to the Past. Not much else to say there. You can talk to animals and get powers from them, so that's kinda cool. Also seem to be a ton of weird arbitrary differences between UK and US versions.

Eye of the Beholder 2 (DOS/Amiga/FM-Towns/PC-91) - DnD dungeon crawler. You can import your character from the first game, but it's not essential. Features outdoor locations, human interaction, and a custom-made party of six to kill monsters with.

Just wanted to get some more non-Nintendo representation here.
Sky-Fox

Postby Yourself » Mon May 19, 2014 12:03 am

Hagane (SNES), that ninja action game from Red (the Bonk/Lords of Thunder guys). Kinda a mix between Ninja Spirit (lots of weapons and fast pace scrolling action), Shinobi (enemies have movesets and defense), and take your pick of annoying platformers like Ninja Gaiden. From what I've played the combat is real nice and the platforming is kinda :(, but it does have infinite continues.
Yourself

Diplomacy: 1 : 1

Next

Return to Commune General Discussion