Level Thoughts

A peaceful game where you play as a dolphin. Use echolocation to navigate through underwater mazes and sing to the creatures of the sea in search of your kidnapped dolphins friends (dolphriends).

Re: Level Thoughts

Postby Golem » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:14 am

City of Forever

I'm not sure this level changed, either. The jumps are still super hard, but it's at least easier without a breath limit. I developed a halfpipe strategy to jump up one side of a pool, then the other, saving momentum by turning horizontally rather than doubling back vertically.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Postby Golem » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:47 am

Home Bay

A hard level!
Golem

Postby Golem » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:49 am

The Tube

Autoscrolling level. You travel up the tube that sucked up your pod. The jellyfish don't hurt you.

You can charge to destroy the barriers, but don't bother. I had an easier time staying in the middle and dodging them, since they always appear to the sides.

The enemies are sll killed by sonar. The electricity does a lot of damage, but your health regenerates so fast that the electricity won't kill you unless something else helps.

You can't charge from the bottom of the screen, where the level nudges Ecco. It's easier to just forget charging.
Golem

Postby Golem » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:17 am

Welcome to the Machine

Plenty of fakeouts with the scrolling. If an enemy spawns on top of you while you're turning, you're dead.

I ended up memorizing the level.

You have to face the final boss without a checkpoint, but there's a password for it after the ending. So, they made it accessible as its own stage and decided to send the player back an extra stage for dying. I made a checkpoint with a 3DS savestate.

The final boss' jaw doesn't respawn infinitely, only twice. Be sure not to see the top of the arena, or else an alien will spawn.
Golem

Previous

Return to Ecco the Dolphin