I fell out of the vault

A CRPG set in a post-apocalyptic Southern California, 83 years after a nuclear war transformed the United States. The PC known as "Vault Dweller" is asked to leave their vault, a fallout shelter constructed to last generations, when the water-purifying chip shows signs of malfunction. Fallout is a relatively short (~20 hours) nonlinear CRPG featuring turn-based combat and a strong emphasis on player-driven narrative and reactivity.

I fell out of the vault

Postby Sky-Fox » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:45 am

Post in here when you've started. :migosp Tell us about yer build / character type, or whatever you find noteworthy.

This time around, I'm going through as an Agile/Perceptive character with tags in Small Guns, Stealing, and Lockpicking. Having never played as a perceptive character I didn't notice that I get neat descriptions in each room, sometimes letting me know there are secret or hard to see items available. Pretty neat stuff!
Sky-Fox

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: I fell out of the vault

Postby Yourself » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:20 pm

I call this build the Chop Doctor, the idea being to use unarmed combat and healing skills while minimizing inventory management by not having to worry about weapons, ammo, or pots. It's been mostly a success so far - combat's been a breeze and even with a low Charisma stat I'm raking in cash by trading off all my gear. The downside is I'm still heavily reliant on Stimpacks, as (perhaps because of low Intelligence?) my First Aid skill is weak. If I were to retry this build based on what I've learned so far, I'd take a point each off of Perception, Endurance, and Charisma, and crank my Intelligence to 8.

The other important consideration is that I've chosen Dogmeat as a partner, also effectively an agile unarmed combatant. This means we tear through small groups but tend to get surrounded, and if he ever gets split up from me (thanks to his rudimentary dog brain's unusual ideas about targeting) he tends to die fast. This isn't so much a downside as it means I probably need to adjust my play style.
Yourself

Diplomacy: 1 : 1

Postby Golem » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:22 am

I went with the lawyer guy and moved around some luck and intelligence. I tried to keep SPECIAL a little balanced while favoring stuff that would let me talk.
Golem

Postby Sky-Fox » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:46 pm

To fit in, here's my character sheet.

Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:57 pm

I took Swift Learner, too!