[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - I've Started Killing the Queen

I've Started Killing the Queen

"How will Elodie fare under your hands? Will she become a kind and loving leader, a cruel tyrant, a magical girl? Or will she die from eating chocolate? You decide!" -Oak

I've Started Killing the Queen

Postby Sky-Fox » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Post here when you reach an ending.

Just tried a gift of chocolates that ended up being poisoned. I like that it showed me which checks I failed, though I also sort of feel like I should have had the personal choice to eat them or not. Oh well.
Sky-Fox

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: I've Started Killing the Queen

Postby Oak » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:00 pm

You only get the personal choice to eat them or not if you passed any one of those checks, as that would have clued her in on something weird to be able to make the decision. (Which means that you can still die even if you pass any or all the checks - passing at least one check just gives you the choice to not die). Without any of that knowledge, she just goes right to eating 'em. Interestingly, despite teh sheer number of possible skills that can save you on this and give you the choice to not eat them, this is one of the most common deaths for people to get, and for many like you it is their first death. I guess it's the hardest to see coming, since all the skills required are somewhat obscure/ones you wouldn't think of giving her too much in.

Also I've played this before so I've hit a lot of the endings, so I don't know if I should say too much about my own playthrough here. I'm more at the point of outright looking for deaths though to fill my achievement list, since I already have enough of a handle to survive to the end in most cases - though there are still a few achievements/story happenings I need to get to.
Oak

Diplomacy: 0 : 1

Postby Zanreo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Died at the chocolate too last time, had no choice not to eat them and only partially passed the poison check afterwards?

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Postby Yakoma » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:28 pm

So we talked about on the podcast about making the game easier. One of the events that I liked was trying to get the crystal. Through the details of the story, I was able to intuitively suss out that I needed to raise my presence stat and because going to the treasury was available to me on weekends and for several weeks. I was able to do it at my discretion. The only trouble came from not knowing the exact stat needed. I had it as high as 50 and still couldn't get past. I did manage to get past, but I don't know the exact number which would help for planning out classes since I don't want to take more than I need.
Yakoma

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Return to Long Live the Queen