[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Round 2 Thread

Round 2 Thread

Project Gun Frontier 2.

Round 2 Thread

Postby Golem » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 am

The purple stars are scary. They really make me appreciate my shot's humongous hitbox. As do the rockets, since you can nuzzle up next to them from above or below and take them out.

I'm still scraping by on my last life through this stage--those sperm enemies at the end really get me. You just can't hang out near any edge of the screen during this stage, and when I lag to clear out the sperm guys, I'm really pressed for space.

At least I memorized that trap with the final pair of rockets.

I also just successfully won a beam duel against the boss. It gets pretty harrowing, since even if you have full beam, he'll go on to continue his pattern partway through (while you continue to beam him). If you can keep collecting newalone and refreshing your beam, though, he should go down shortly.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Round 2 Thread

Postby Oak » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:10 am

Hahaha yeah, I ended up using a ton of credits on this one and thus immediately decided to stop taking count. I'm still getting used to all the dodging, and haven't really yet got a hang on how to properly play this. The boss of this level is really fun. It took me a while to get what the point of the little mini-moon things were, and realised that they move around and are used for the dude's tail-laser to bank off of. That's cool. Can you destroy them? I wasn't able to, but I was more focused on attacking the boss then the other things. Also the little snake that seems to just drop the power-ups was cool too.

Already difficulty is ramping up. I'm really glad I don't have to put 25-50 cents in every time I game over on this thing!
Oak

Postby Golem » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Golem

Postby Yourself » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 am

Since they're huge and come from the back, the rockets are the first enemy that really invite the player to use the above/below shot coverage trick. And they zing you for your cleverness right away when the warhead splits open and flies back along the length of the rocket.
Yourself

Diplomacy: 1 : 1

Return to Metal Black