[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Round 1 Thread

Round 1 Thread

Project Gun Frontier 2.

Round 1 Thread

Postby Golem » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:42 am

The beam duel with this boss is straightforward. If you have a full beam, hold down the beam button when he launches his beam, and you're good to go.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Round 1 Thread

Postby Sky-Fox » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:12 am

Is it just me or does it seem like the beam gets weaker after a couple of seconds if you just hold it down? I've been nervously retapping it every so often.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:33 pm

If you mean the standard shot, it's starts rapid and then slows down, so you're supposed to hold it and then re-press it in a rhythm. From the System11 guide: "The main gun uses a type of burst fire - holding the button will produce a rapid, gradually slowing stream. To maintain a high firing rate, use a steady 'on...off' 'on...off' rhythm. Don't hammer the button - it's inefficient and tiring."
Golem

Postby Golem » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:08 am

Golem

Postby Oak » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:59 am

So first level. It's a nice introduction to the game, though there are a few little surprises that kind of caught me off guard, causing me to "die" twice before I even got to the boss - namely there's this one bit where like, a building just pops up or something, and I crashed into it and kablooied.

I wonder if the beam power-ups are the only one. Are there shield boosts later, or is it consistently one-hit-explode?

The boss is fun. I didn't even realize that he does the beam regardless. Both times I've fought him, I was beaming him first and then it felt like he did the beam in reaction to mind, which I thought was a really neat effect, like a counter to the special. But if he does it regardless and you're supposed to counter HIM that's cool as well. Also, I wonder which is more useful overall - the room clear thing you get from releasing, or just keeping the super beam going? Obviously the room clear is probably better for a swarm of enemies, but I wonder which is more useful when fighting bosses. I'm assuming it's better to just keep the mega-beam on them in that case, but it's hard to tell how much damage you're actually doing between the two options.

Overall, on this full playthrough, I had to use 2 credits. First credit got me to the boss (I died twice because of silly goof-ups/surprises), and then died during the boss, and beat him on the 2nd credit.
Oak

Return to Metal Black