[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Chapter 16 Review

Chapter 16 Review

Boo! Did I scare you?

Chapter 16 Review

Postby Golem » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Chapter 16 Review

Postby Golem » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:19 pm

You're welcome.

EDIT: Friggin. Turns out it was already on the internet: http://tales-from-the-tower.wikia.com/wiki/Graveyard

Alright, the Dragon Sword and Shrive are just hidden away in some corner of the Tower. Excellent work Belial!!
Golem

Postby Golem » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:43 am

Golem

Postby Golem » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:22 am

The mirror part was really creepy and scary until I realized that the Green Goblin died when you destroyed his corresponding mirror.

LOL at that Hawk cutscene at the end.

What an overlong chapter!
Golem

Postby Sky-Fox » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 am

Ok, this is really long so I'm gonna post some thoughts before continuing with the BRAIN MAAAAAAZE.
1. I didn't really start using run until this chapter. I wish I had used it earlier, it's integral to solving platforming.
2. I'm really beginning to notice a lack of commentary on Adam and Rebecca's part. Before when you mentioned getting the sword the first time, he makes a grand deal out of it. Getting it back is worth nothing, though.
3. I'll continue to hate mazes, but this hedgemaze wasn't so bad. Getting to the center vs getting through the other size is much more managable to me.
4. I sort of like the monsters in the garden dimension zone area dropping vials when they die.
5. I know they were trying to set up a cool ambush thing with the monster dropping on me at the point where the two paths cross, but this also happened to me which sort of ruined what that ambush built up.

PS: While the brain is another maze, I like that it seems to be nowhere flat. That is, it seems that all walls connect at an angle. Even dead ends seem to have weird convex or concave edges in the center.
PS2: This is a level where the engine's wonkiness works in favor of it. I've noticed when approaching or moving away from a wall sometimes it will stretch or move where it doesn't seem like it should. This gives the webbing texture on a walls a more interesting look to them, I think.
PS3: An unexpected betrayal!
PS4: Finally a level I can solve with just my bare fists. I can't help but feel like the game was building to this level, what with all the smashable windows, but that's just me.
Sky-Fox

Postby Sky-Fox » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:52 am

Got a lot of cool screens out of this one, so I may as well dump 'em.

Brian Crecente is super photogenic. I gotta give it to the devs, the characters sure are fun to look at.

Really cool lookin' throne

Gonna admit that I thought this reflection was a treasure chest the first time I came in.

Hawk's Mortal Kombat audition
Sky-Fox

Return to Realms of the Haunting