[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Chapter 12 Review

Chapter 12 Review

Boo! Did I scare you?

Chapter 12 Review

Postby Golem » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 am

Save: http://www.vgthought.com/commune/saves/ ... pter12.SAV

A church and a vicarage to explore. You get a new weapon, too.

Wondering how long I'll have to go without any healing items.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Chapter 12 Review

Postby Golem » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:05 am

Good news: found a healing potion in a secret room.

Bad news:
This sucks so much. I wandered around for hours, checked every nook and cranny... except for this. I only found it after checking the realmsofthehaunting.com walkthrough.
Golem

Postby Sky-Fox » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:16 am

Not finished, but I need to mention two things.
1. It took me too long to figure to check under the doormat. Good thing the game locked me in that realm, or I would have wandered off.
2. That basement is exactly why I'm terrified of going into basements. Friggin' monsters.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:29 am

Golem

Postby Sky-Fox » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 am

OK, finished it. You know, that's a good point. There were a couple of spots where I felt like I found what I was looking for by lucky wandering, but they've done a pretty decent job of making sure I'm wandering in the right spots.

Looking through my screenshots, I realized I never snuck into this room. Do you have any idea what was in it? I remember getting it to open in another save, presumably after lighting the candle near it, but I never went inside.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:04 am

Oh man! You have to find the tree branch key to get in there. I forget what room that's in, but I bet it would be behind one of those invisible infinity symbols. It's just a cool flavor room. You look out over a garden or something, and Rebecca says, "It's just an image."

It's a super cool touch. It smacks of rushed development, but it feels like they just made a room that is its own reward.

From combat (those outside battles are nice!) to maze exploration to mood, this has to be the best chapter so far. It's just a shame about that bookcase.
Golem

Return to Realms of the Haunting