Maps and Navigation

Boo! Did I scare you?

Maps and Navigation

Postby Sky-Fox » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:12 am

You end up being able to get a map of every explorable area. Have you been using them?

Personally, I've been trying to get through each chapter by getting my bearings manually first, and occasionally checking the map if I get lost. It's especially annoying since the viewport for maps is so small, you end up doing a lot of scrolling to get a good look of everything. Then there's the sort of handmade quality of the maps which, while making them seem more authentic, I feel hurts their usability.

The one area I thought I would need it the most -The caverns- I was actually able to get by without. Surprisingly, I've been needing it mostly when backtracking the mansion.
Sky-Fox

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Maps and Navigation

Postby Golem » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:06 pm

The mansion I can do well enough, since it's small, and you only add small parts to it at any time. I play like you, trying to get my bearings first. I did have to use the map for the caverns, though.

The thing is, if I get lost, I have to find my way to some landmark and hope that I get it right. Hopefully, the map and I agree on what a teleporter room looks like.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Return to Realms of the Haunting