[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Area 1 Clear

Area 1 Clear

For November 2012, we'll be playing Soul Blazer, the SNES classic developed by Quintet. (Not to be confused with Quartet for Master System.)

Area 1 Clear

Postby Golem » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Once you clear the first area, come here and sign in.

So, what did you think of the first area? What did you like, and what did you dislike? Did it make a good first area?
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Area 1 Clear

Postby Shouty » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 pm

It felt kind of difficult as a first level, but that may be because I didn't get my bearing straight. The first boss was tough, but nowhere near impossible, so it taught me that bosses couldn't just be defeated with a damage race, as I usually feel inclined to do in games like these.
Shouty

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Postby Golem » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Yeah, in retrospect, I'm inclined to say the first area is hard because the game takes some getting used to. Eventually, utilizing stuff like strafing (crab walking) and your sword's hitbox becomes really natural.
Golem

Postby WarioFan63 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 am

Im on Area 3 now but what the hey

I was pretty comfortable with Area 1. It serves as a nice introduction to what's coming up.

Though the boss can be a bit of a toughie if you dont know what you're doing.
WarioFan63

Diplomacy: 1 : 2

Postby Zanreo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Beat it yesterday. Boss was really tough at first, but easy when I knew what to do.

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Postby cool_boy_mew » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am

Did any of you guys got all the letters? I believe it was letters or emblems? Or emblems with letters on them? Not sure anymore. But I remember that there's one that you GOTTA find by luck or look on the net because there's 0 hints about it
cool_boy_mew

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Postby Golem » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Golem

Return to Soul Blazer Commune