[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Prior Quintet Experience?

Prior Quintet Experience?

For November 2012, we'll be playing Soul Blazer, the SNES classic developed by Quintet. (Not to be confused with Quartet for Master System.)

Prior Quintet Experience?

Postby Golem » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Who here has played a Quintet game before?

I can't say I'm too familiar with them--I really only know about their popular SNES trilogy, which contains Illusion of Gaia, Soul Blazer, and Terranigma.

I've played Illusion of Gaia, but I got stuck at what I think was the second major boss. The guy was a vampire, and he was too hard, and I wussed out and gave up.

I also gave Terranigma a go, but I got stuck pretty early on because I couldn't figure out what to do. Honestly, though, I didn't give the game a fair shake.

I'm hoping Soul Blazer will go better. This could be the push I need to finish a Quintet game!
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Prior Quintet Experience?

Postby SoupEgg » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 am

I've played Actraiser. Addicting. I beat it within 24 hours of downloading it on Wii.

I downloaded roms of Soul Blazer, Terranigma, and Illusion of Gaia before. I never got to play much of them, so I'm looking forward to it.
SoupEgg

Postby Bowser102 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:08 am

I have never played any of these games. :mrgreen:

Which one is considered to be the best in the series?
Bowser102

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Postby Golem » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:31 am

Ohh yeah, I forgot they did Actraiser. I've played a bit of the first one, even less of the second. I can appreciate the second one focusing strictly on action/platforming, but it's pretty hard.

As for the best one, I'd guess Illusion of Gaia? I think it's the most famous of the series, anyway. I dunno if there's any real consensus on which is best.
Golem

Postby WarioFan63 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:23 am

I did Actraiser before and loved it

I did a romthrough of the Soul Blazer set once before and really enjoyed them, Soul Blazer and Terranigma especially
WarioFan63

Diplomacy: 1 : 2

Postby Golem » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Golem

Postby Zanreo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:56 pm

I've never played them, and don't think I've ever heard of them... will be interesting to try!

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Postby cool_boy_mew » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:06 am

[quote="Golem"]I've played Illusion of Gaia, but I got stuck at what I think was the second major boss. The guy was a vampire, and he was too hard, and I wussed out and gave up./quote]

That one is REALLY hard. What I do usually is pretty much save all of my herbs for that fight specifically. It's definitively possible to beat it without having any herbs, but it's hard.

To make the fight a little easier, did you know you can go back and change to Freedan for the fight?

I'm not sure which I got first, Soul Blazer or Actraiser, but since then I've been a huge Quintet fan and I've played all of their games released here (Including Terranigma, and the games made under Shade, the GranStream Saga and Orphen: Scion of Sorcery) except Actraiser 2.
cool_boy_mew

Postby Golem » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 am

Aha, thanks for the advice. I totally forget if I did the Freedan thing, I'll have to keep that in mind if/when I get back to Illusion of Gaia.

How is Orphen? The box art has never been very enticing, so I just kinda let it collect dust.

And why no Actraiser 2? :O Is it because there's no world-building?
Golem

Postby cool_boy_mew » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 am

Orphen is kind of a really cool game but very clunky and very very VERY Playstaion 1.5 since it's a ps2 launch game. The combat system is really interesting, it's definitively worth a try. (I also highly recommend the anime. It's a lot like Slayers, medieval like setting, focus on comedy, adventuring .. etc. There's also another show called Louie the Rune Soldier that's similar and also very good. All the 3 of them have great English Dub BTW).

I'll get Actrasier 2 eventually, but it's not a priority, I'll just get it when I happen to get it. Heard a lots of bad things about it and yeah, no world building is kinda =/
cool_boy_mew

Return to Soul Blazer Commune