Best Dialogue

For November 2012, we'll be playing Soul Blazer, the SNES classic developed by Quintet. (Not to be confused with Quartet for Master System.)

Best Dialogue

Postby WarioFan63 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Something that rubs me the right way about this game is that theres these light-hearted little jokes and lines peppered around everywhere.

Did any part of the script make you smile while talking around with NPCs? Doesnt matter if it was an intentional joke or a serious sentence that came out silly.

This covers the whole game, so there's bound to be spoilers by the way

Personally, I thought the dogs in Greenwood were a hoot
WarioFan63

Diplomacy: 1 : 2
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Best Dialogue

Postby SoupEgg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:33 am

Level 4 Spoilers:

I liked the guys in level 4 who only live a year. Crabby old married couple who probably got married like a couple months ago.
SoupEgg

Diplomacy: 0 : 1

Re: Best Dialogue

Postby Golem » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 pm

That crabby old couple makes me think of Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Make of that what you will.

There's plenty of just plain charming stuff in the game, too. Like the guy from the first area that keeps a goat around because it reminds of him of his wife (as creepy as that is). For a game that's about corruption and humankind's tendency towards evil, Soul Blazer's dialogue tends to be optimistic. Even the crabby old couple is cast in a silly light, and one of the creatures in that cave says that the hobbit-dwarves are sure to make the most out of life.

As for humor, I don't recall picking up on too much of it. I skimmed through NPC dialogue as much as possible, to be honest.

That dog in Greenwood sure loves his menu joke, though.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1

Return to Soul Blazer Commune