Postby Golem » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:06 am

Post Here When You Start Playing trax.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: I'm Playing Trax.

Postby Yourself » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:03 am

I started Trax!

and finished Trax! in the same sitting....

It only takes twenty or thirty minutes and isn't exactly a challenge, with only four levels and a boss rush. I didn't even take damage til the boss of level 2 and didn't lose a life till the boss rush, but I did have to continue a couple times learning how to deal with that final boss' electric attacks. Though I feel dumb for having struggled so, he's really pretty damn easy. Honestly the game feels like it should NOT have a life bar - especially when losing a life respawns you on the spot. But it's HAL, of course it's cake.

That said, it's HAL, so it was also a lot of fun despite the ease. In particular I enjoyed the multi-phase boss fights and trying to get the most out of my clockwise turret to maximize damage. The one-way-only spinning of the turret made for some awkward sections (particularly during the cave level) but I still prefer it to the walk-in-circles gameplay you get from aim-where-you-walk games like Commando and Pocky and Rocky. Nice that the weapon select clearly takes it into account too.

If I actually had this on a handheld (LIKE IF FUCKING NINTENDO WOULD RELEASE ANYTHING AT ALL ON 3DS VC) I would definitely play it a million times.
Yourself

Diplomacy: 1 : 1

Re: I'm Playing Trax.

Postby Golem » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:14 pm

I just beat it myself. Not many thoughts to share, although that third stage is awesome, and the boss set is super cool.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1

Return to Trax