[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - I started!

I started!

Violence!

I started!

Postby Golem » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:42 am

The topic for posting when you start!
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: I started!

Postby Yourself » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 am

i started before the game was even picked because i'm that ahead of the times

this translation is so goofy

cover your ears kids - the "damn"-word is comin' out

in fact it's funny how it makes counterfeit monkey look like a baby game by comparison
Yourself

Diplomacy: 1 : 1

Postby Golem » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 am

Started tonight!

Just got all four characters. That boss was hard but rewarding! Blocking is hard.

It feels like the guard attacks should be good entrances to a combo, right? Getting close to an aggressive opponent is difficult, and one way to get close while remaining safe is to block an attack. So, it would be nice to pop out of a block with a string of hits that lock the opponent into my own attacks. However, the block attacks typically knock enemies to the ground. This is nice, since I can go and stomp on them, but makes it hard to maintain a consistent rhythm--what I really want to do is land some solid punches and kicks. It seems like either A) block attacks shouldn't be used as openers, and I'm misunderstanding their purpose or B) block attacks are good openers in some way that I don't get.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1

Postby Yourself » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:55 am

I don't think guard specials are intended to serve as combo openers, I think they're supposed to be pressure counters. I.e. when an enemy is moving in and you want to quickly get him off your ass because you've got another guy coming up behind you, a successful block can be sequenced into a spin counter to give yourself some breathing room. It's more reliable and versatile than a back attack because it can be used against an enemy from the front, the tradeoff being that it's harder to pull off. It's the quickest way to put a lot of space between you and a foe.
Yourself

Diplomacy: 1 : 1

Postby Zanreo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:12 am

Started the game yesterday (I'm late, as usual) got all characters (unless there's someone else after Kyouko) and I'm currently fighting Shinji... Got through the very first parts mostly by button-mashing.
Took me too long to realize how to switch characters (in the middle of the Daiki fight I think) maybe because I don't use select much in the games I've played on emulator. (I should get one of those SNES USB controllers...)

And for some of the fights I just did the jumpkick, walked away and then jumped back with the jumpkick when they got up again, and just kept doing this until they were gone. Seemed to work from time to time...

Also, for some reason I found Riki and Kyouko easier to use than the others? Somehow I just seem to land more attacks and get hit less when playing as them.

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Return to Shin Nekketsu Kouha - Kunio-tachi no Banka