S-S-S-Secrets and B-B-B-Bonus levels?

The second Parodius game for SNES. This shmup series is a riff on Konami's famed Gradius series and features silly environments with outlandish characters.

S-S-S-Secrets and B-B-B-Bonus levels?

Postby Sky-Fox » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:08 pm

:oboro

I've been trying to go through the game without save states so I've been starting from the beginning of the game whenever I die. But this time when I restarted I got this mega power-up streak and blasted through levels 1 and 2. But when I finished with level 2, I didn't get the mermaid level, I got this neato spooky battleship level that basically destroyed me. Had Flight of the Valkyries playing if I remember right. Anybody else run into anything like this?
Sky-Fox

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: S-S-S-Secrets and B-B-B-Bonus levels?

Postby Golem » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:33 am

I play the same way, and I think I bump into the battleship after level 2 or 3 pretty regularly. I'm not sure which, but I am sure I have never completed it. It kinda sucks because I'll have a good run going and then lose all my powerups.

It also sucks because you can't rehearse it. One death and you're out.

But it is a funny looking battleship!
Golem

Re: S-S-S-Secrets and B-B-B-Bonus levels?

Postby Golem » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:51 am

Finally cleared this level tonight. Once the battleship goes away, you're pretty much home free. The boss is uh... interesting. Note: you're safe from its big attack at the very top and the very bottom of the screen.
Golem

Return to Gokujou Parodius