[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Stage 4: Fried Chicken Highway

Stage 4: Fried Chicken Highway

The second Parodius game for SNES. This shmup series is a riff on Konami's famed Gradius series and features silly environments with outlandish characters.

Stage 4: Fried Chicken Highway

Postby Zanreo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:30 am

Yeah no one seems to be making these threads anymore
Well they never really did but that's beside the point

In this stage you fly at high speeds through the road while avoiding the enemies, which can be a new kind of challenge, but you'll get the hang of it quickly! Most likely. I didn't get it that quickly.
Featured enemies are chickens, falling deer and giant exclamation marks.

In the end you fight a giant traffic light. Yeah, it's that kind of game if you couldn't already tell from the previous levels.

So, opinions?

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Stage 4: Fried Chicken Highway

Postby Golem » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:50 pm

I have a problem playing visually busy shmups. Shmups already invovle a lot of multitasking for the brain, between watching yourself and a million bullets on the screen. When you throw in background objects that mean nothing but stand out visually, I hit a brick wall.

Sooo, I've been having trouble with this one.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1

Postby Golem » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 am

I tried this with Kid Dracula, since he's got that homing needle attack (I think he shoots out , since the projectiles look like tiny umbrellas). It works pretty well for most of the level. Once I get used to the falling objects portion, I'll have the stage sussed. 8)
Golem

Postby Sky-Fox » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Man this level is rough. Just blew through all my lives after losing my mega powerup streak. I'll have to regroup and try it later.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:36 am

I think there are two main points to memorize: how to handle the vertical phalanx of chicks that dash forward (there's like six of them and they all rush you from behind as one giant wall), and how to handle the falling objects section (which is mostly just a matter of hanging back against the left side of the screen, aside from the !s).
Golem

Return to Gokujou Parodius