[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Stage 1: The Claw Machine

Stage 1: The Claw Machine

The second Parodius game for SNES. This shmup series is a riff on Konami's famed Gradius series and features silly environments with outlandish characters.

Stage 1: The Claw Machine

Postby Golem » Sun May 05, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm gonna try to see how far I can get on one credit. So far, I've done the first stage. 8) Actually, I made myself restart until I did it without losing a life. Seems like the kind of thing I'm going to need to be able to do if I wanna get through this.

There were a lot of homing bullets flying everywhere, and the screen was just generally really busy. I went with Goemon because everyone else had a spread shot, and I didn't need any more visual confusion.

However, I like how powerups are automatic. I've never been a fan of the Gradius system, so if someone wants to do that for me, I'm all for it.
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Stage 1 - The Claw Machine

Postby Zanreo » Sun May 05, 2013 3:51 pm

I just beat this level again. Actually, I played this a while before and got somewhat far through (never finished it though) but for this I'm starting over again so that I'm at the same place as you guys.

I went with Dracula because I like his "tons of enemy-seeking missiles" attack upgrade. I also like the auto-upgrades... I haven't played Gradius so I don't know how the system there works.

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Postby Sky-Fox » Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 am

Just 1CC'd this stage with Michael. Because he's a pretty rad lookin' dude and he kind of looks like Gabe Newell.

I started off using Automatic, but I didn't like how it kept giving me the R Shot, so I turned it to manual. I really like the Wave shot for forcing through the claw machines. Also, can anyone tell me exactly what Grade Up does? I assume it makes you stronger, but I'm not entirely sure.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Thu May 09, 2013 2:48 am

Golem

Return to Gokujou Parodius