[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Play through a variety of settings with a variety of combat styles.

Chapter 9

Postby Golem » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Oh ho ho, things are getting thing-shaped now! What choice did you make?
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Chapter 9

Postby SoupEgg » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:09 pm

To start? Sundown. I did Cube my first playthrough so I wanted to see if it would be different.
SoupEgg

Postby Sky-Fox » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 am

I trust Sammo to save the world this time. I hate how frequent the random encounters seem. It's driving me crazy.

Edit: Although they're actually helping my drastically underlevelled characters. Still hate 'em though.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Wed May 01, 2013 10:10 pm

I went with Masaru/LilMac, since I decided I wanted Tsuda (the move that halves an enemy's stats). And yeah, those random encounters are relentless. I don't think the game's heal-after-every-battle system works here, since it serves to trivialize each individual battle. If I've figured out how to win a skirmish once, it's not engaging to do it again. Once that's set in, if I just get a full heal after each battle, I don't have any reason to care about how I do in each one.

So uh... that final boss!

Also, if you beat the chapter...

As for Cube,
Golem

Postby SoupEgg » Fri May 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Incidentally, the final chapter has 7 extra dungeons, one for each character. A couple of them are fun, but surprise surprise, ninja's is the most obnoxious and annoying. It's basically how you get each character's ultimate weapon. Also, you don't get the full ending unless you recruit all 7, as far as I'm aware.
SoupEgg

Postby Golem » Fri May 03, 2013 8:59 pm

say hwwaaaaat

i'm gonna have to go back and do that right!
Golem

Postby SoupEgg » Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Yeah, the final chapter is actually pretty big. And as far as I know, each extra dungeon requires the person whose dungeon it is to be in your party, so it forces you to change up your party and use all the characters. Sundown is the most annoying character to recruit, so if you start over again picking him as your main character would make it go fastest.

I'll to a tier list which is probably mostly opinion based while I'm at it. This is strictly based on how good they are in the final chapter.

Top Tier: Cube, Sundown
High: Kung-fu, Pogo
Mid: Oboro, Masaru
Amuro Tier: Akira
SoupEgg

Postby SoupEgg » Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm doing the final chapter as Knight right now.

SoupEgg

Return to Live-a-Live