[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - I Beat Caveman! Thread

I Beat Caveman! Thread

Play through a variety of settings with a variety of combat styles.

Re: I Beat Caveman! Thread

Postby Golem » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 am

I've finally joined the few, the proud, the Cavemen.
I used this to beat, uh, what's his name. I forget what he's called. James Joyce (Pogo) used Rub Sticks, Zaki used his charge tech (which helped keep the dinosaur away), and Bel healed. (That heal move is pretty cheap!)

I also made sure to stay behind the dinosaur, which meant moving around to the other side when he turned (which luckily was only once during the whole fight). With all this combined, Bel never took damage, leaving James and Zaki to take all the hits. Bel didn't have the HP to handle any damage anyway, so part of my plan had to involve protecting her. I did sacrifice Gori in order to get everyone in place, though.

James and Gori were both level 10, and I'm not sure about Bel. Is there a way to find out Zaki's level?

This is a really neat battle system that makes me think about my options without getting complicated. It's an accessible (can I say dumbed down?) tactical RPG.

Also: what's all this hullabaloo about the mammoth?
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Postby TheKirbyOfDeath » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:33 am

The mammoth is like a "hidden secret" boss because you have to be a pretty high level to even take him on and he's a random encounter. He also has the chance to drop something pretty sweet that I can't remember what it is right now.
TheKirbyOfDeath

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Postby WarioFan63 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 am

I am good for a podcast on Sunday but I havent beat Caveman yet, assuming thats a qualifier for this week

Im disobeying the rules of this topic by posting in here

Try and stop me
WarioFan63

Diplomacy: 1 : 2

Postby Zanreo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Oh, and I won't be able to join the podcast today since I'm going out at the usual podcast time. Assuming there will be one today.
I've barely started the game anyway... stuff came up and I haven't had time.

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Postby TheKirbyOfDeath » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm gonna have to cancel on the podcast again >.> Me and my brother share a room and I don't wanna be rude and wake him up with talking and even if he were awake, he skypes too and I'd rather not have that come through my mic while we'd be trying to do this. He's supposedly moving out soon, so me being on a future podcast is possible, but today isn't lookin good.
TheKirbyOfDeath

Postby Golem » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 pm

kirby i sent you messages without reading that post :O
Golem

Postby TheKirbyOfDeath » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Oh, its ok, don't worry about it. Next week should be fine, though, I had the idea at work of just basically taking my laptop and headset out to my car to record the podcast and that might actually work out ok
TheKirbyOfDeath

Postby Sky-Fox » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 am

I lived my first live.Image

and it was good. Feel like I powered my way through 80% of the battles using fart-based techniques and I don't feel ashamed.
Sky-Fox

Postby Golem » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:36 am

Golem

Postby TheKirbyOfDeath » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 am

It's how I beat endboss
TheKirbyOfDeath