[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VG Thought • View topic - Sign In Thread

Sign In Thread

For January 2013, let's take on this Castlevania clone for Sega's Master System and Game Gear. Hey, it even features Fumie Kumatani on the soundtrack!

Sign In Thread

Postby Golem » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:53 am

Sign in when you:
-start the game
-beat a world
-beat the game
-make a Buffy reference
Golem

Diplomacy: 0 : 1
Battle: 0 : 0

Re: Sign In Thread

Postby Sky-Fox » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:18 am

Just started it. My biggest struggle seems to me figuring out how to climb stairs properly. For some reason I'm really attached to the idea of Doc Social as a psychologist. I'm sure there won't be anything special dealing with it in the game since it's a Master System game, but it's a profession sadly lacking in videogames.
Sky-Fox

Postby Shouty » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 am

I beat it, but not sure I would have if it weren't for playing it as part of the commune.
Shouty

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Postby Zanreo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Downloaded the game file now, now all I need is an emulator... anyone know of a good emulator for Master System?

My webcomic about game companies, check it out!
Zanreo

Diplomacy: 5 : 6

Postby Zanreo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Alright, started it now.

Zanreo

Postby Golem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 am

Golem

Postby Zanreo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am

Alright, just beat the first boss, now on the the second world!
And the dogs are really annoying. Often I didn't even have time to crouch to attack them... it's like you have to memorize when they come and prepare before that.

Zanreo

Postby tehwinged » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:38 am

I've started the game, gotten past the first level fairly easily and I have to say, Is there any weapon that compares to the Cane? I mean really. Second damage wise only to the Axe from what I've seen and the longest range. It seems just to leave all other weapons useless
tehwinged

Diplomacy: 0 : 0

Postby Golem » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Zanreo - Are you playing the Game Gear or Master System version? The view is considerably smaller on the Game Gear.

Winged - Welcome aboard! Yeah, I think people generally go for the cane. The sword trumps its range, but I'm pretty sure the cane is more powerful than the sword. I think I'm gonna try the axe as soon as I see one in world 2 though, I've always shied away from it because of its range.
Golem

Postby Zanreo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:20 pm

I have the Master System version.

Zanreo

Next

Return to Vampire: Master of Darkness